Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas!

Today I celebrate the birth of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  It is a solemn occasion, but also one of great joy.  It is a day of real Hope, a day to remember all of the blessings God has bestowed.  As challenging as this year has been, there are just so many, many things to be thankful for.

My beloved husband, the light of my life, tops the list.  It's been nearly 20 years since he strode into my life, and I still can't belive my good fortune.  I thank God for him every single day.  His love has kept me going through good times and bad, his broad shoulders easily carry the weight of my tears, fears, and inner demons.  He is my sounding board and the one who can make me laugh through it all.  God truly smiled on me the day He brought this wonderful man into my life.

Without Him, I would not have my other two greatest gifts - my darling daughters.  My miracle babies who are growing into such fine young ladies.  Through the grace of God I became a mother, and my life suddenly had meaning.  All I do, all I am, is because of them.  They truly are gifts from God, created by His own hand.  They fill my life with joy and laughter, and every day I thank Him for showing me that doctors don't always know everything, and Faith can be a strong medicine, indeed.  Those two little bright lights give me the strength and hope to keep fighting, because I fight for them. 

I thank God, too for the rest of my family; parents, siblings, aunts, cousins and all.  I may not always agree with them, I may not always like them, but I do always love them, and I count them all as blessings.  I thank Him for my friends, as well - the family that we choose - and I ask Him to bless them as He has blessed me.

And I thank him for this wonderful country of which I am so blessed to be a part.  We truly live in the greatest nation the world has ever known.  The Jews may be His chosen people, but this country, these United States, are his chosen land.  We are a strong nation, but we are also the kindest and most generous.  It is our Judeo-Christian ethic that makes it so.  Liberty is a God-given right, and no other nation holds that right in such high esteem.

Which brings me to my final blessing - my voice, and those who hear me.  I thank God for all of you, who read my words and take a piece of my torch and carry it on to others.  Between us all, we will carry the light of Liberty through the darkness that has enveloped us. Together we will bring a new day of Hope, real Hope, and we will return this country to it's rightful path.  Yes, God is my Shepherd, but I see myself more as His loyal sheepdog, keeping the wolves at bay as He leads his flock through this tempestuous storm.  But I couldn't do it without all of you, and I thank Him every day  for the blessing of knowing I am not alone, that all of you are out there, listening, heeding the call, and uniting with me against the wolves at our doorstep.

God bless you all, God bless your families, and God bless America.

Merry Christmas, fellow Patriots!


Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comments:

Anonymous,  December 29, 2009 at 8:13 PM  

Thank you. We have a lot of work ahead of us in the New Year.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP